1. The interests of a third party require the emergence of a conflict.
2. The third party uses the unoffical elites of the sides to further conflict.
3. The "image of the enemy" is created.
3.1 The mass media is involved in the hysteria.
3.2 Provocations are orchestrated.
4.1 A conflict emerges.
4.2 The threat of war looms.
5. A transfer of armaments to the sides in the conflict is effected.
6. War begins.
1. It is acknowledged that the interests of the peoples involved in ethnic disputes are in conflict.
2. The idea of the admissibility and expediency of dialogue with the other side in the conflict is inculcated into the public consciousness.
2.1 The mass media is involved in the process of dialogue.
2.2 Training courses, seminar, symposia and simple meetings and get- togethers are organized.
3. The image of the enemy is eliminated.
4. Peace is achieved by influencing
5. Preventive measures are undertaken to stave off conflict.
(from Peace Service Project)